Land O’Lakes president and CEO, Chris Policinski, announced a number of management changes taking place within his Senior Strategy Team, which take effect immediately.
The changes include:
· Fernando Palacios is named executive vice president, operations and supply chain. In this role, the former executive vice president and chief operating officer of Land O’Lakes Purina Feed will apply his world-class skills in supply chain and manufacturing across the company’s dairy foods and feed businesses.
· Replacing Palacios is Dave Hoogmoed. Most recently as a vice president, Hoogmoed’s long experience in the Purina feed business and his strong connection to its dealer network, the co-op system and national accounts will be important assets supporting his leadership of this business going forward.
· Alan Pierson, executive vice president and chief operating officer, Dairy Foods Industrial, has announced his plans to retire mid-year 2010. Between now and then, he will be filling in as Western region liaison in support of Western region dairy membership.
· Jerry Kaminski will be promoted to executive vice president and chief operating officer, Industrial Foods. Most recently vice president of the dairy solutions business, Kaminski will assume Pierson’s industrial sales and marketing responsibilities and will bring his talents to the task of adding value to member milk and the output of Land O’Lakes industrial plants. Kaminski also will continue to lead the dairy solutions business, which, combined with the former dairy foods industrial business, will comprise the new Industrial Foods Business Unit.
· Steve Dunphy, executive vice president and chief operating officer, Retail Foods, will focus on driving growth for all of Land O’Lakes retail food businesses. Dunphy’s role will include value-added dairy foods and new food products. In addition, he will take on the leadership of the company’s Moark, LLC egg business.
· Also retiring is Dave Seehusen, executive vice president, Ag business development, effective March 5. He will be concluding a 41-year career with Land O’Lakes.
About Land O’Lakes:
Land O'Lakes, Inc. is a national, farmer-owned food and agricultural cooperative with 2008 annual sales of $12 billion. Land O'Lakes does business in all 50 states and more than 50 countries. It is a leading marketer of a full line of dairy-based consumer, foodservice and food ingredient products across the United States; serves its international customers with a variety of food and animal feed ingredients; and provides farmers and ranchers with an extensive line of agricultural supplies (feed, seed, and crop protection products) and services. Land O’Lakes also provides agricultural assistance and technical training in more than 25 developing nations.
Brian L. Delgado, communications Manager