Meijer recalls select Meijer brand Greek and low-fat yogurt products
The products might contain small glass particles.
Meijer announced a voluntary recall of select Meijer brand Greek and low-fat yogurt as a precautionary measure due to the potential risk of a small glass particles. The Grand Rapids, Mich.-based retailer said it became aware of the issue when a customer returned a yogurt cup containing two small pieces of glass. Upon investigation at its manufacturing facility, Meijer determined that there might have been a possible risk of contamination.
There have been no illnesses, injuries or additional product concerns to date, Meijer said. The hazard risk to customers is considered low. The impacted products were sold in Meijer stores in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky and Wisconsin and have an expiration date of March 8, 2018.
The UPCs and product types include:
- 7-08820-12657-2, Meijer Greek yogurt 0% black cherry, 5.3 ounce.
- 7-08820-41513-3, Meijer yogurt low-fat blueberry, 6 ounce.
- 7-60236-11601-1, Meijer Greek yogurt 0% plain, 5.3 ounce.
- 7-60236-11603-5, Meijer Greek Yogurt 0% vanilla, 5.3 ounce.
- 7-60236-12418-4, Meijer Greek Yogurt 0% strawberry, 5.3 ounce.
- 7-60236-12431-3, Meijer Greek yogurt 0% blueberry 5.3 ounce.
The products are packaged in a plastic cup with a foil seal, Meijer said. The retailer is advising consumers who purchased any of these products to throw them away or return them to the nearest Meijer store for a full refund.