In her role at Label Makers, a family company for 25 years, Moran is responsible for strategic planning and overall company operations. She was first elected to the IAFIS Board in 1999 as an At-Large member, and has served on a number of committees including the Executive, Strategic Planning, Compensation & Benefits, Audit, Nominating and Investment Advisory Committees. Moran also chaired IAFIS' recent Presidential Search Committee. For the past four years, Moran has chaired the Finance & Investment Committee, tapping into her experience as a Certified Public Accountant. She also chaired the Awards & Recognition Committee. Additionally, Moran is a member of the IAFIS Foundation Board of Directors.
Along with Moran, the IAFIS Board chose Viggo Nielsen, president, Safeline, Inc., Tampa, Fla., as Chair-Elect, and Ivan Larsh, Chief Operating Officer, WEDECO, Charlotte, N.C., as treasurer. Each will serve a two-year term in these board leadership roles.
New IAFIS Board Members ElectedIAFIS members elected two new directors and reelected four directors to the Board during the IAFIS 2004 Annual Conference in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Of the six seats available this year on the IAFIS Board of Directors, two were Industry Segment Director seats and four were At-Large seats. Each of the following directors will serve a three-year term:
- Lou Beaudette, president, Admix, Inc., Manchester, N.H., was re-elected as the processing segment director.
- David Bryant, president of the David Bryant company, Roswell, Ga., was re-elected as the support services segment director.
- Gunther Brinkman, v.p. of marketing, Norse Dairy Systems, Columbus, Ohio, was elected as an at-large director.
- Bill Wilson, v.p. of marketing and sales, Anderson Instrument Co., Inc., Fultonville, N.Y., was elected as an at-large director.
- Tom Riggins, v.p. of marketing and sales, Packaging Technologies-Holmatic, Davenport, Iowa, was re-elected as an at-large director.
- John Rooney, general mgr., Evergreen Packaging Equipment/International Paper, Cedar Rapids, Iowa, was re-elected as an at-large director.