The milkman didn’t deliver much this week. The cheese, butter and ice cream man had nothing on his truck. Yoplait's yogurt brands represented the dairy category in this week’s free-standing inserts.
FSI report for the week beginning March 27, 2011
- Yoplait goes head-to-head with Dannon’s Activia. Yoplus touts its higher levels of fiber and two antioxidants (vitamins A and E) compared to its competitor.
- Yoplait states “Help Close the Calcium Gap” with its yogurt containing twice the calcium of the leading brand and 50% of the Daily Value (compared to 20% for the leading brand).
- Yoplait Greek yogurt claims in two separate FSIs it has twice the protein (14 grams) of the leading yogurt. SKUs are now offered in four-packs, and the maker announces a new flavor: honey vanilla.
- Yoplait Light continues to promote its two-week tune-up diet, instructing shoppers to go online for details and to visit the brand’s Facebook page.
- Yoplait Kids contains 25% less sugar than the leading yogurt for children, according to its FSI.
- GoGurt freezable yogurt offers 75 cents saving on two SKUs.
- Fiber One proclaims “great taste, zero guilt” and highlights a serving’s 50 calories, 5 grams of fiber and 0 grams of fat.
Return to the blog home page to read FSI reports from previous weeks.
View a slide show of all of this week’s free-standing inserts below (as well as FSIs from previous weeks).