Single User License: Allows the person purchasing the report and that person alone to view and use the report
Site License: Allows the person purchasing the report and any colleagues that work in the same building for the same organization to view and use the report
Enterprise License: Allows the person purchasing the report and any colleague within the same organization to view and use the report regardless of location
Once purchased your report will be sent to you electronically via email. Please allow 1-2 business days for arrival.
Published August 2019, 21 pages
With a diverse selection of products on the retail shelf, it can be difficult for brand owners to offer something unique to consumers. Packaging is a key element that can provide differentiation and important added-value benefits that can give a more premium feel to appeal to consumers looking to trade up. By using packaging to improve convenience and functionality it is possible to adapt to changing lifestyles and meet the needs of busy consumers. Greater awareness of packaging sustainability means that consumers expect brand owners to act responsibly towards the environment and we are starting to see more eco-friendly packaging formats. We have used GlobalData's Pack-Track packaging innovation tool to identify new packaging developments within the dairy category, and this report discusses special features and benefits of examples we like, and how they fit in with current consumer trends within GlobalData's TrendSights framework.
"Category Packaging Opportunities: Dairy", explores new packaging formats and value-added features in the dairy category, using examples from GlobalData's Pack-Track innovation tool.
Key Questions Answered
What drives packaging innovations in dairy?
What notable new formats and value-added features have been introduced in this category in recent years?
Which consumer trends have these packaging innovations capitalized on?
How can dairy producers use packaging to stay ahead of the game in a crowded marketplace?
- Packaging solutions that facilitate quick and easy meal preparation are essential to meet the demands of busy consumers.
- Portion packs and single-serve formats extend the eating opportunities for dairy products, allowing easy snacking and consumption on-the-go.
- Premiumization through more sophisticated packaging results in a perceived "better" quality and helps consumers justify the extra cost of trading up. Like all brand owners, the dairy industry is starting to respond to the call for improved environmental sustainability, introducing packaging formats that are easily recyclable or that are less reliant on petroleum-based plastics.
Reasons to buy
- Use GlobalData's Category Packaging Opportunities reports to inspire innovation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends that drive and support innovation so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Appreciate the importance of packaging in the overall consumer experience of a product and how this can help to drive brand loyalty.
Table of Contents:
Category Packaging Opportunities: Dairy
Category Packaging Opportunities: Spotlight
Category Packaging Opportunities: Examples We Like
Category Packaging Opportunities: TrendSights
Category Packaging Opportunities: Action Points
Get our new eMagazine delivered to your inbox every month.
Stay in the know on the latest dairy industry trends.