- DAIRY PRODUCTS
- WEB EXCLUSIVES
- Calendar of Events
- Market Research
- Dairy 100
- Dairy Foods Store
- FISA Distributor Guide
- Supplier Spotlights
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- State of the Industry Report
- Sister Publications
Alouette introduces its new soft spreadable cheese SKUs and Dean Foods launches a microwavable cheese dip. Meanwhile, Cold Stone Creamery and Carvel promote their ice cream cakes in this week's free-standing inserts.
In introducing its new spreadable cheddar cheese, Bongrain's Alouette brand ties into the upcoming Columbia Pictures/Paramount Pictures release of "The Adventures of Tintin" directed by Steven Spielberg with a sweepstakes that issues daily prizes of two Hollywood Movie Money certificates valued at $13.
The grand prize (valued at $10,000) is a 10-day trip for a family of four (two adults and two children under the age of 12) to selected European capitals (Brussels, Amsterdam, Paris and London) including airfare, hotel and entrance to the Tintin museum in Brussels.
As many as four "second-tier" prizes are available, consisting of a weekend trip for a family of four to visit Hollywood, Calif., including airfare, hotel and tour for four of The Studios at Paramount lot (valued at $4,500 per trip).
Up to 13 third-tier prizes (valued at $40) are available. They consist of a “The Adventures of Tintin” prize pack including a Tintin and Snowy hat (white), flashlight and large plush toy. Entry is online or by mail. The promotion began Nov. 1 and ends Jan. 31, 2012. Alouette directs readers to like its Facebook page "for additional adventures."
Dean Foods introduces a jalapeno cheddar dip and two bean varieties that are sold in the dairy case. The foods are microwavable in their own tubs.
Cold Stone Creamery, a unit of Kahala Franchising, pictures its ice cream cakes "For the Holidays!" Flavors are Midnight Delight, Caramel Turtle Treat Pie, Cookies & Creamery, No Fair Funnel Cake and Chocolate Lava Meltdown.
Carvel Ice Cream Corp., a unit of Focus Brands, pictures its football-shaped ice cream cakes (including a Snickers flavor) under the headline "This is Fantasy Football." The FSI instructs readers to find the foods in the bakery aisle or frozen aisle at supermarkets, and to visit the company's website: www.CelebrateTheDay.com.
Elsewhere in this week's free-standing inserts:
- A recipe for T. Marzetti Co.'s Reames frozen noodles calls for one-half cup of Parmesan cheese
- General Mills' Yoplait offers a 50-cent coupon toward the purchase of an 8-pack Fridge Pack SKU.
- GFA Brands offers coupon savings on its Smart Balance milk (with omega-3s) and buttery spread.
- Abbott Nutrition headlines its PediaSure and Sidekicks (both made with milk protein concentrate) supplements as a way to "help end mealtime battles." A toll-free helpline, staffed around the clock, connects parents to dieticians.