- DAIRY PRODUCTS
- WEB EXCLUSIVES
- BUYERS GUIDE
Sorrento (Lactalis American Group) and Land O’Lakes make heart-felt appeals in this week’s free-standing inserts. Playing off the St. Valentine’s Day holiday, the dairy brands incorporate love and heart into their FSIs.
Lactalis American Group’s Sorrento says its fresh cheeses mean “It’s the difference between lasagna and love at first bite.” Its FSI promotes ricotta and mozzarella cheeses. Shoppers are directed online (discoversorrento.com) for recipes.
“Warm Cookies. Warm Hearts.” is the headline over Land O’Lakes’ FSI. A recipe for its Five Star Chocolate Chip cookies is available on the company’s website ) Facebook and Twitter logos are included in the FSI.
In other activity this week:
- Dean Foods reminds consumes that its TruMoo chocolate milk can be served hot or cold. The FSI states “no high fructose corn syrup” and “no artificial growth hormones.” Recipes can be found on a Facebook page.
- Daisy Brand points out the clean label of its low-fat “100% pure cottage cheese.” The ingredients are cultured skim milk, cream, salt and vitamin A palmitate. The FSI states the food is made of “100% natural ingredients” with no additives or preservatives. Other claims are “lower in sodium” and “no added growth hormones.”
- Dannon’s Activia Harvest Picks yogurts instruct readers to “discover a harvest of real fruit in every silky spoonful.”
- Kraft Foods teams with Johnsonville Sausage to promote an Italian Sausage Rigatoni recipe calling for one-quarter cup of Kraft Parmesan cheese.
- Abbott Nutrition continues with its PediaSure nutritional supplements, which contain dairy ingredients.