A new fruit and milk drink for busy adults who might otherwise skip breakfast is the latest idea from Bravo! Foods International. It's not a yogurt smoothie, but Breakfast Blenders is a lactose-free flavored milk with added protein and fruit-based fiber and nutrients.
Hurricane Katrina made an already tight U.S. sugar market even tighter as the storm battered the Gulf coast. In response, USDA is increasing the current fiscal year's domestic marketing allotments and has allowed early entry of some imports scheduled for the new fiscal year. USDA is increasing the current fiscal year (FY05) overall allotment quantity by 105,000 short tons raw value (STRV), 55% of which is assigned to the domestic sugar beet sector. The remaining 45% will be reassigned to additional imports, since there are no U.S. cane sugar stocks available. USDA is also increasing the fiscal year 2006 tariff-rate quota for refined sugar imports by 75,000 STRV for a total of 129,013 STRV, which will be allocated on a first-come, first-serve basis.
California's dairy landscape continues to shift with the continuing evolution of Southern California from a significant milk-producing region to a highly urbanized area, reports the California Department of Food and Agriculture.
BARABOO, Wis.-Foremost Farms USA is sponsoring "Autumn on the Farms," a weekend-long event that gives visitors a taste of how Wisconsin's early families prepared for winter. On Oct. 15 and 16, the event takes place at Old World Wisconsin, an outdoor living history museum located south of Eagle, Wis., in Waukesha County.
A series of Dairy Tech sessions at the Worldwide Food Expo '05 will be co-sponsored by Dairy Foods magazine. The morning sessions which take place Wednesday through Friday, will be led by scientific and technical experts.