Wisconsin Dairy Products Association offers two scholarships to students
By The Wisconsin Dairy Products Assn.
The Wisconsin Dairy Products Assn. (WDPA) is proud to once again offer the Robert L. Bradley Scholarship, and the Wisconsin Dairy Products Association Scholarship. Both scholarships will be worth $2,000 each. The first scholarship is named after Dr. Bob Bradley, a long-time professor at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and a major supporter of WDPA. Dr. Bradley has been the Senior Associate Head Judge for WDPA’s World Dairy Expo Championship Dairy Product Contest for the past 11 years. These two scholarships will be awarded each year to two deserving college students pursuing careers in the dairy industry. The funding for these scholarships comes from the net proceeds of the World Dairy Expo Championship Dairy Product Contest.
The scholarships are available to any student attending a University of Wisconsin system school, i.e. UW-Madison, UW-Platteville, UW-River Falls, etc.
To be eligible for the scholarships, the student must meet the following criteria:
- Graduating high school seniors and college freshman, sophomores, juniors, and seniors are eligible for these scholarships. No grad students are eligible.
- The student must be attending a UW school or planning to attend (if presently a high school senior).
- The student must be in the Food Science program, Dairy Science program, or a dairy industry related program (should explain in essay how their field of interest will benefit the dairy industry) in order to apply.
- The student must be in good academic standing.
- The award can be used for any college educational expenses, including tuition, books, room and board, etc.
How to apply:
- The student must complete the application, visit www.wdpa.net for more information. In addition, the student must write a 400-word essay explaining their current field of study and how it relates to their future goals.
- Student must also submit two letters of recommendation from reliable, unrelated (to student) sources.
- Student must submit their high school transcript and current college transcript.
- Student should send the completed application, essay, transcripts, and letters of recommendation to WDPA (8383 Greenway Blvd., Middleton, WI 53562 or firstname.lastname@example.org) before March 15, 2014.
- A judging panel will review all applications.
- The scholarship winner will be announced on April 30, 2014.
- The scholarship check will be deposited in the winning student’s account at the UW college account and will be divided equally between the Fall 2014 and Spring 2015 semesters ($1,000 disbursed for each semester).
- The winning students will be invited to attend the World Dairy Expo Championship Dairy Product Contest auction on September 30, 2014 in order to be properly recognized.
In order to offer as many students as possible opportunities to win these scholarships, past WDPA/Dr. Bradley Scholarship winners are not eligible for this year’s scholarships.
The application deadline is March 15, 2014. Please submit all pertinent materials to WDPA prior to that date.