- DAIRY PRODUCTS
- WEB EXCLUSIVES
- Calendar of Events
- Market Research
- Dairy 100
- Dairy Foods Store
- FISA Distributor Guide
- Supplier Spotlights
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- State of the Industry Report
- Sister Publications
Muller Quaker Dairy, Chicago, said today that it is expanding its Muller yogurt brand into more U.S. cities in the Mid-Atlantic, Great Lakes and Southeast regions, including Chicago, Atlanta, Cincinnati and Tampa. It launched the brand last summer in the Northeast.
In a statement, CEO Sam Lteif said, "With fresh flavors and unique mix-ins, Muller yogurt is a great tasting and a completely new concept for enjoying yogurt."
Muller is a top-selling brand in Europe by the Theo Muller Group. Muller and Quaker Oats Co. are in a joint venture to produce the yogurt in the United States. Muller Quaker Dairy broke ground on a dairy processing facility in New York state last summer.
In launch cities, Muller yogurt will now be available in major grocery retailers including: Dillons, Dominick's, Giant Eagle, Hannaford, Kroger, Meijer, Pathmark, Publix, Safeway, Shop Rite, Stop and Shop, Walmart and Winn-Dixie. The suggested retail prices are 99 cents for Muller FrutUp and $1.29 for Muller Corner and Muller Greek Corner. Muller club packs are available at select Costco, Sam's Club and BJ's wholesale clubs in certain regions.
All Muller yogurts are made from reduced-fat, Grade A milk, full of nutrients like calcium and protein. Varieties range from 130-220 calories per serving.
The first three products from Muller in the U.S. are Muller Greek Corner, Muller Corner and Muller FrutUp.
• Muller Corner is made with low-fat yogurt featuring a side compartment of toppings. Yogurt varieties include Blueberry, Strawberry, Crispy Crunch, Choco Balls, Choco Flakes and Crunchy Granola.
• Muller Greek Corner is made with lowfat Greek yogurt and comes in a variety of flavors including Strawberry, Honeyed Apricot, Blackberry & Raspberry, and Caramelized Almonds.
• Muller FrutUp is a low-fat yogurt topped with a layer of fruit mousse. Varieties include Blueberry Bliss, Luscious Lemon, Peach Passion Fruit, Radiant Raspberry, Very Cherry and Splendid Strawberry.
Theo Muller Group is a German multinational dairy company, headquartered in Luxembourg, which has been producing popular yogurt and other products for more than 100 years. The Quaker Oats Company, headquartered in Chicago, is a unit of PepsiCo, Inc., which is one of the world's largest consumer packaged goods companies.