- DAIRY PRODUCTS
- WEB EXCLUSIVES
- BUYERS GUIDE
SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The top five food trends for 2013 have been picked by a panel of trendspotters at the 38th Winter Fancy Food Show, which ends today in San Francisco. The show is the largest marketplace for specialty foods and beverages on the West Coast, with 80,000 products on display including cheeses, snacks, olive oils, vinegars, chocolate, and natural and organic products from the U.S. and 35 countries and regions.
The trends are:
• Numi Organics: Broccoli Cilantro Tea
• Wild Poppy Juice Co.: Blood Orange Chili Juice
• The Republic of Tea: Moringa SuperHerb Tea
• Arette Foods: Organic Tea Seed Oil with Sundried Tomatoes & Chili Pepper
• Culinary Imports: Stoger Cherry Seed, Chile Seed and Tomato Seed Oils
• La Tourangelle Artisan Oils: Organic Coconut Oil
Blue Cheese Redux
• Bissinger's Handcrafted Chocolatier: Point Reyes Blue Cheese Wine Grapes
• Rogue Creamery: Blue Heaven Blue Cheese Powder
• Mt. Sterling Co-op Creamery: Smoked Sterling Bleu Goat Cheese (photo)
So Many Seeds
• Enjoy Life Natural Brands: Crunchy Flax Chia Cereal
• K.L. Keller Imports: Dukkah
• Lundberg Family Farms: Hemp-a-Licious Organic Rice Cakes
• Vosges Haut-Chocolat: Wild Ophelia Peanut Butter & Banana Milk Chocolate Bar,
• PB Crave: CoCo Bananas Peanut Butter
• GoodPop: Frozen Banana Cinnamon Pops
Other trends identified are fruit-infused vinegars, chips with a healthy glow such as fuji apple chips, peppery sweets such as cayenne shortbread, agave, and single-serve sizes.
The trendspotters are: Maureen Clancy, Matters of Taste; Narsai David, CBS San Francisco; Nancy Wall Hopkins, Better Homes and Gardens; Sara Moulton, "Sara's Weeknight Meals," Good Morning America; Kara Nielsen, CCD Innovation; Denise Purcell, Specialty Food Media; Stephanie Spencer, Sunset Magazine; Stephanie Stiavetti, NPR, Susie Timm, Girl Meets Fork; Joanne Weir, "Joanne Weir's Cooking Confidence," PBS.